I am often asked how people should choose their online and offline marketing niche. It is really pretty easy. First of all, you need to understand that “everyone” is NOT your target market. You do need to refine your services and products down. Stop trying to be all things to all people: find your market and focus yourself to meet its needs.
To be successful with a new business today, the most important thing is to identify your specific target market.
- Exactly who are they and what defines them as a unique and discrete group of customers?
- What is their specific unmet need, also called their “pain,” that makes them an attractive group of potential customers?
- How are you planning to take care of that “pain”?
Once you have decided who your target market is it time to:
Identify what YOU want to do
- What are your interests?
- What are your passions? What fuels your creativity?
- What are your areas of expertise? Be sure to list your soft skills as well as your hard skills! They are just as critical to your success.
Identify what you DON’T want to do
- What are the repetitive, non-income producing tasks that just eat up your working hours and frustrate you by the end of the day?
- What are things and situations that you avoid?
Identify what you are going to sell
You are going into business to make a profit, so please don’t skip this step!
- Physical products.
- Information (digital) products such as e-books, downloadable teleseminars or audios, PLR – Private Label Rights, etc.
- Virtual Services (Virtual Assistance, Web Development, coaching, consulting, graphics, copy-writing, etc.)
- Physical Services (Lawn care, housekeeping services, etc.)
- Affiliate products. For instance I HIGHLY recommend the world’s first ALL-ACCESS network for lifestyle entrepreneurs from Ryan Lee, called Founder Fly. I just joined as I am a total Ryan Lee devotee…. he is a HUGE marketing genius. I am already a member of his “Inner Circle” and trust me, I paid a whole lot more than this membership is costing. I am also an affiliate.
- Drop ship products.
- Resell rights. Many ebooks and pieces of software, especially in the field of online or Internet marketing, are sold with resell rights included.
Once you have a focused business venture, research what people are looking for in that industry, who those people are, the prices they want to pay, and what the overall current availability is for them. If there is no availability, or merely low-quality availability, you have now found yourself a great target market!read more
Do you want to work less and earn more? I know, that sounds like a fairly stupid question, but I recently read a book that teaches you exactly how to do that. This book is what I would call ’simple genius’.
Every now and then a book is written which changes the game. And for me, this one does. The author of the book in question, Sam Carpenter, charts the precise journey he took to go from working 80-100 work weeks (for 15 years) down to just 2 hours.
That may be interesting and inspiring but how does it affect YOU?
The breakthrough with this particular book is that it details a step-by-step, universally applicable blueprint which any business owner, running any type of business, can implement.
It sounds like a bold claim and you’d be forgiven for being skeptical. I was!
However, he has amassed literally hundreds of profoundly enticing and eminently credible case studies and testimonials spanning all manner of businesses from real estate management companies to retailers and frommarketing agencies to landscape designers…
In other words, finally, someone appears to have come up with a blueprint which ANY business owner can implement to radically change the way they work (and live).
His solution is elegant and simple, requires a little ‘heavy-lifting’ for a short period of time and is being hailed by business leaders and entrepreneurs from around the world as the ‘holy grail formula for working less and earning more’.
I have teamed up with the author to offer you a complimentary copy of his remarkable book as part of the launch of the 3rd edition. Share it with your friends and you’ll also get the Audiobook gratis.
Get the Work the System book by Sam Carpenter for free today.
The author sent me a hardback copy and when it arrived in the mail, I deliberately took a weekend to read and absorb it. As a self-avowed “high-functioning work-a-holic” this book has become VERY important to me. It is changing how I view my work week, and that of my team and employees.
If you do nothing else this year, read this. It’s a game-changer.
Let me know what you think of it!
Let’s face it. People are not as successful as they want to be, as rich as they think they could and should be, or even as happy as they want to be. And that is the truth. And when you couple these very normal and natural thoughts with persistent economical / political low-level dread, there is some real room for mental and emotional improvement just to survive the evening news!
You already know that I do not bombard you with a ton of “buy now” stuff and I only recommend products that I actually use and benefit from myself. What I want to share with you today is A Year of Success.
If you connect with me on Facebook. LinkedIn or Twitter, you already know that Larry Winget and Bob Burg are friends of mine, and people who I have a VERY high professional and personal opinion of. Larry Winget is known as “The Pitbull of Personal Development” and is a 5 time New York Times / Wall Street Journal bestselling author and somebody you see on TV a lot. Larry is a regular contributor on Cavuto, Fox News, and other news networks. Bob Burg is one of my favorite authors and if you haven’t already done so, you really should read the Go Giver or Go-Giver’s Sell More and his latest book, It’s Not About You: A Little Story About What Matters Most In Business.
Larry and Bob have partnered with Chief Fascination Officer of Fascinate, Inc., Sally Hogshead and leadership development speaker & consultant Mark Sanborn. Mark is the president of Sanborn & Associates, Inc., an idea lab for leadership development. Leadershipgurus.net lists Mark as one of the top 30 leadership experts in the world. Mark is the author of You Don’t Need a Title to Be a Leader which speaks to leaders at every level, both those with and without titles. The book focuses on six things that all leaders do to make a positive difference. If you want to learn how to lead, or you are a leader looking for ways to lead better or teach others to lead, this book is for you.
Fascination is an intense emotional focus. When customers are fascinated by you and your message, they’re more likely to trust, believe, and respect you. As the only keynote speaker and author on this topic, Sally Hogshead has developed a scientifically-based system of influence, based on the brain’s hardwired patterns. For any goal that requires strong communication— from selling insurance to motivating top talent— the Fascinate system outlines the shortcut to persuasion. Sally has taught over 100,000 people how to use their natural strengths to become more persuasive.
I tell you all of this so you know who will be working with you and what they collectively bring to the table. In fact, the four of them have reached over a million people with their messages, all over the globe. In A Year of Success, they will teach you, challenge you, provoke you, (Larry!) and push you outside your comfort zone to the point that you gain with bigger, faster, and smarter results, no matter what you are doing.
Each week for 52 weeks, they are delivering:
- 2-3 minute video instructions, carefully crafted to help you ACHIEVE more, instead of just talking about achieving more.
- PDF including the lesson and 2 weekly action plans that you can download, print and use as an ongoing reference.
Larry also tells me that they will give you 4 great bonuses from each expert over the course of the year and there are no upsells, and no tricks to get you to purchase something else. Just great, simple ideas that you can implement to make a real difference in your daily life.
Here’s the price:
27 Questions to Find Your Passion Created by Scott Dinsmore
Guidance: You are the only one who can find your passion – It’s inside you and just has to be uncovered. Use the below to explore what lights you on fire. Don’t rush through these. Go somewhere quiet, with no internet and dedicate at least 2-3 hours to developing your answers. Some may apply more than others. That’s fine. Allow your mind to run wild. These questions will only be useful if you allow them to.
It’s time to start living with passion!
1. What makes you happiest in your life? What excites you?
2. What do you do that makes you feel invincible?
3. What do people thank you for?
4. What are you ridiculously good at? What are your precious gifts?
5. Who do you look up to? Who are your mentors? Who inspires you? Why?
6. When was the last time you massively over-delivered on something? What was it and why did you work so damn hard?
7. When was the last time you were in a state of flow, in the zone and totally lost track of time? What were you doing?
8. Imagine you won $158 million in the lottery. It’s now three months later. How will you spend tomorrow?
9. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
10. If you could have or do anything, what would it be?
11. What topics do you find yourself continuously arguing or defending with others? What beliefs does your stance represent?
12. What makes you most angry about the state of the world? With unlimited resources how could you fix it?
13. What are you most afraid of for the next generation, whether you have kids or not?
14. What do you love helping people with? How do you most commonly help others?
15. What’s your favorite section in the bookstore? What’s the first magazine you’d pick up at the grocery store?
16. When was the last time you couldn’t sleep because you were so excited about what you had to work on? What was it?
17. If you trusted that your art (your creativity) would support your life, How would you live?
18. Out of all your current work roles, what would you gladly do for free?
19. If you were able to be a member of the audience at your own funeral (in 100 years or so) what would you want to hear people say?
20. What do you want to be remembered for – what dent do you want to have put in the world?
21. What do your friends always tell you you’d be good at, that you should do for a living (i.e. “he’d make a great…)? If you don’t remember, then go ask five of them.
22. What are you naturally curious about?
23. If you had a free hour to surf the internet, what would you explore?
24. Think back to when you were 5 or10 years old. What did you want to be when you grew up? Anything goes. What skills and metaphors do these represent (i.e. pilot may be a symbol for freedom)?
25. If you could write a book to help the world, that is guaranteed to be a best seller, what would the title be? What’s it about?
26. What careers do you find yourself dreaming of? What jobs do others have that you wish were yours?
27. What 3-5 dream jobs or businesses can you imagine that would firmly embody your core beliefs about the world. Sky’s the limit.
And a bonus…
28. What revolution do you want to lead?
Scott Dinsmore has created a FREE 2012 Goal Setting and Action Workbook that you can download here. I have!read more
It’s always fun to see companies get into the Holiday spirit… especially when they give great and usable stuff away!
The WishList team is doing just that for all their WishList Member customers.
Anyone who buys WishList Member before Dec. 31st, 2011 will get a whole bunch of extra gifts (valued at $400+) at no extra charge.
This gift package includes:
1) 1000+ Custom Drawn Icons
2) Custom Membership Site Graphics
3) Our Top 3 Kick-Butt Plugins
4) 3-Module Membership Site Basics Course
It’s an awesome package and people are loving it. And who doesn’t love getting what we call in the Deep South, “lagniappe”. (A lagniappe is a small gift given to a customer by a merchant at the time of a purchase (such as a 13th doughnut when buying a dozen). This is some serious lagniappe!
This gift package is only available for those who purchase BEFORE December 31st, 2011 @ 11pm PST.
I run multiple membership sites for my clients and for myself and ALL of them are build using Wishlist Member.
We wish you a safe, happy, healthy and PROSPEROUS New Year!
Your Partner In Success,
Denise Griffittsread more