Google Flags Entire Internet as “Malware”
Table of contents for Google Applications
- Google Notebook – Collect and Organize Information
- Optimize Your Google Adsense Earnings With This Free Tool
- Stay On Top Of Google
- Google’s New Web Browser – Google Chrome
- Google Toolbar Blocks Popups
- Google Flags Entire Internet as “Malware”
- Have You Built Your Google Profile Yet?
- Google As a Social Network?
If you were working on the internet yesterday you undoubtedly came across the same issues that had the Twitter world in a panic. It seems that yesterday any search result from Google was getting flagged as malware with a message stating “This site may harm your computer”. In other words, our entire online world was blacklisted for a short time. The problem apparently affected internet pages across the globe and lasted for about 55 minutes or so before engineers were able to fix the problem.
Twitter went crazy yesterday as people were reporting the problems and just generally commiserating with each other, but I am happy to report today that the Google is explaining this as a “human error” and you can read their explanation here on the Official Google Blog. All is well. Until the the next time.
Powered by Facebook Comments