In the past couple weeks Facebook has made a few changes that may have altered your Privacy settings and those of 350 million other users.
Depending on whether your Facebook profile is personal or used largely for business, you need to look at your privacy settings and determine just what you want other people and the search engines to see.
I recommend you take the following steps to update your profile and account privacy to the level that you want:
- Click on “Settings” in the upper left-hand corner of your screen, near the Search box.
- Click on “Privacy Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Profile Information” and set each item listed to your preferred privacy level.
- Click “Back to Privacy” above the list of items.
- Click on “Contact Information” and repeat choosing your level of privacy for all the items listed, as you see fit.
- Click “Back to Privacy” above the list of items. And now Click on “Search” to edit who can search you, as well as if you want your profile at all to be indexed by search engines.
I think by now that most people who pay close attention to social media marketing are probably familiar with Gary Vaynerchuk. He is the “social media” expert behind the now famous Wine Library TV. Frankly, I don’t much care for wine and rarely drink alcohol of any description but keep up with this website just to see what new ideas Gary comes up with that can be utilized for myself or my clients.
I just found out that one of my favorite WordPress Plugins, WP Wishlist is now offering a free copy of Gary’s new book “Crush It” and an interview with Gary during the month of October with any purchase. The book is a perfect match for all WishList customers as it outlines how to turn your passion into a profitable business by using the internet. As Gary himself says about this book, it is “the secret for business – with details!” If you are in the process of building a membership site WP Wishlist is a “MUST HAVE” plugin. Combining it with this book is pure genius in my opinion.
Review (Courtesy of Amazon.com)
“Gary is a force of nature. His authentic, raw passion and caring touches everyone. His insights into social media & his message of opportunity could not be more timely.” (Tony Robbins )
“Gary was the first person to push me on the importance of personal brand and transparency – this was months before anyone was talking about it, he’s always two steps ahead of anyone else.” (Kevin Rose, Founder of Digg.com )
“Anyone looking to supercharge their career should beg, borrow, and steal to learn Gary Vee’s techniques. He reinvented the rules to build a $60-million business from scratch-on his own terms.” (Tim Ferriss, #1 NY Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Workweek )
“Gary Vaynerchuk is one of those entrepreneurs who has discovered the secret to combining passion with business. He is always an inspiration and always entertaining. You owe it to yourself to read this book!” (Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com )
“Gary Vaynerchuk has become a walking, talking (and oh, such talking!), webbing and Tweeting example of how believing in what you do and keeping it fun can step up your life in all ways. There is nobody I would rather talk sports with-or wine or life.” (Scott Simon, host of Weekend Edition Saturday on NPR )
Do you have a hobby you wish you could indulge in all day? An obsession that keeps you up at night? Now is the perfect time to take that passion and make a living doing what you love. In Crush It! Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion, Gary Vaynerchuk shows you how to use the power of the Internet to turn your real interests into real businesses. Gary spent years building his family business from a local wine shop into a national industry leader. Then one day he turned on a video camera, and by using the secrets revealed here, transformed his entire life and earning potential by building his personal brand. By the end of this book, readers will have learned how to harness the power of the Internet to make their entrepreneurial dreams come true. Step by step, Crush It! is the ultimate driver’s manual for modern business.
**You have permission to reprint in your publication or to your website/blog any articles by Denise Griffitts found on this Website as long as Denise Griffitt’s name and contact information is included. Denise Griffitts, Virtual Assistance Industry Expert, http://internetmasteryblog.com, info @ virtualassistantindustry.com, 888-719-6711.read more
Table of contents for Your Partner In Success Radio Show
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Denise Wakeman
- Denise Griffitts Interviews World Class Speaker Craig Valentine
- Lou Bortone Discussess How to Generate Visibility & Traffic With Online Video
- Denise Griffitts Interviews Business Coach Carma Spence- Pothitt
- Learn the Art of Business Journaling with Judy Peebles
- Denise Griffitts Interviews Web 2.0 Expert Jack Humphrey
- Your Partner In Success Radio Welcomes Paul and Layne Cutright
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Author and Career Expert Ford R. Myers
- Ask Coach Frank Dolan Your Health and Fitness Questions – May 22
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Back Ben Cope
- Your Partner In Success Radio Shows Welcomes Back Ben Cope
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Karyn Greenstreet
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Archives
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Kristin Robertson
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Donna Gunter
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Kim Beasley
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Deborah Dubree
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Ali R. Rodriquez
- Your Partner In Success Welcomes Rosalind Gardner
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Dr. Jack Singer
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Jim Bouchard
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Bud Bilanich
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Loren Fogelman
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Jay Speyerer
- Your Partner In Success Radio Show Welcomes Back Jim Bouchard
Your Partner In Success Radio Show
I am delighted to have the opportunity to interview Jack Humphrey this Friday on my BlogTalkRadio show. I have been tagging around after Jack on the internet for many years now. Why? Because Jack is a ten year veteran internet marketing consultant, blog marketing expert, and author of one of my very favorite blogs, The Friday Traffic Report. He is also the author of the Authority Black Book and Social Power Linking which is now no longer for sale as a stand alone product but has been incorporated into his Blog Success membership . If you don’t yet have your free copy of the Authority Black Book, RUN and get that free download. This book is, has been, and continues to be a very important part of my entrepreneurial success library. Each time this book is updated, I download. You should too.
We will explore the world of social media marketing and networking during this interview. Everyone has heard of the power to brand, engage, link, and network to further their business. But relatively few people get as much out of it as the pros talk about.
What do people need to do to engage in a successful campaign?
How do you coach people to keep from getting overwhelmed with all the information and sites they belong to?
Where would someone best start getting into social media marketing if they only have so much time to do so?
How can one person do the work of many in social marketing? How do you appear to be everywhere at all times in your social network of sites?
If these are questions that you have a burning desire to have answered, we welcome you to join us on Friday.
When: Friday June 5, 2009
Time: 9 am PST / 10 am MST / 11 am CST / 12 pm EST
Call In Telephone Number: 347-843-4988
Time permitting; we will open up the call for questions and answers. Please be sure to login to the chat room to ask questions during the call.
We look forward to “seeing” you!read more
Table of contents for Social Networking
- Do You Have Your Business Profile Set Up At Fast Pitch Networking Yet?
- The Relationship Economy – Why Social Networking Matters
- Gmail and GMail Notifier
- Visual Social Bookmarking – Bonzo Box
So many people entering the online marketing world miss the entire point of using social media to grow their business. In fact, many make it harder and much more time consuming than necessary, while others get bombarded by so much information that it effectively paralyzes them.
This beautifully crafted post on The Relationship Economy blog explains the basics of social networking. I suggest that you read it and then compare your current social media marketing strategy to it. I think that you will quickly understand where your social marketing can become the performance engine that drives your business.read more