Tracking Blog Visitors Through Google Analytics
If you follow me around at all you know that I am a huge fan of WordPress Platform website/blogs. In fact, I blog about it quite a bit here on my Internet Mastery Blog. Just type in “wordpress” in the search box and you will find a lot of very helpful information.
Plugins can extend WordPress to do almost anything you can imagine and one that is on my “MUST INSTALL” list for any WP installation is Ultimate Google Analytics.
How to install and activate Ultimate Google Analytics
- Login to your Google accounts control panel. If you have not set this up yet, you will need to create an account here.
- Create a website profile by clicking the “Add Website Profile” link.
- Provide the URL of the site that you will be adding Google Analytics to.
- You will be provided with two options. You need the Web Property ID from the yellow box at the top of the page entitled “Tracking Status Information. The code will look something like this: UA-999999-9.
- Login to your WordPress Admin. Depending on the version of WP that you are using you should be able to install new plugins directly from your dashboard. If not, you will need to download this plugin and FTP into your account.
- Once you have installed and activated the plugin, enter your Google Analytics account ID and save your options.
Make it a point to login to your Google accounts regularly to track visitor traffic such as the total number of visits and page views your site received, the average number of page views per visit, (P/V) and the number of visits and page views over time. You will also be able to see visits by new and returning. This is valuable data to have and will assist you in creating content that your visitors want to return to time and time again.
**You have permission to reprint in your publication or to your website/blog any articles by Denise Griffitts found on this Website as long as Denise Griffitt’s name and contact information is included. Denise Griffitts, Virtual Assistance Industry Expert, http://internetmasteryblog.com, info @ virtualassistantindustry.com, 888-719-6711.
Powered by Facebook Comments